Eastern Illini Electric Cooperative is proud to continue our Empowering Education Grant Program for the 2018/19 school year. As a reminder, Empowering Education grants award up to $500 to each and every school district within our service territory each year. It is designed to help fund projects that will inspire and benefit students and may otherwise go unfunded.
We ask that you promote the Empowering Education Grant Program to teachers, so they can take advantage of this funding source for their innovative projects. The deadline for applying is December 14, 2018. Grants will be awarded beginning in early 2019.
Here are a few more details we’d like to share with you.
- The Empowering Education Grant Program does not necessarily need to be energy or electricity related.
- The maximum amount of each grant is $500.
- Any teacher who teaches grades K-12 at any public or private school located in Eastern Illini Electric Cooperative’s service territory may apply.
- The application is available online at http://www.eiec.org/community/eeg-application/
- In the application process, we are looking for a description of the project along with details about how the project will creatively impact students.
- One grant will be awarded to each school district in our service territory. If funding allows, though, we may be able to award multiple grants to deserving districts.
We’d also like to highlight some of our other education opportunities. For high schools, we will work with staff and/or science classes to perform energy audits for your school, to help identify areas for potential energy savings. For younger grades, we offer electrical safety presentations and STEM-certified electricity circuit instructional guides.
For more information about the Empowering Education Grant Program, or any of other offerings, please contact Mike Wilson directly at 217-379-0461 or email@example.com.
We hope your teachers will take advantage of our Empowering Education Grant Program!