June 8-15, 2018
We’re proud to offer high school sophomores and juniors the chance to win an all-expenses-paid trip of a lifetime to Washington D.C. Students will spend a week during the summer meeting new people while visiting historically significant national sites, touring some of our most moving memorials, and browsing the campus of our nation’s capital.
During their time in D.C., the students will ride a river boat down the Potomac, tour the Royal Embassy of Saudi Arabia, and visit the Supreme Court. And those are just a few of the things they’ll encounter on their journey.
How the program works:
Up to six applicants will be chosen as finalists and will be invited to attend Youth Day to Springfield. Following Youth Day, four of the finalists will be chosen to represent Eastern Illini on the Youth to Washington trip.
2018 Trip Dates
Youth Day to Springfield: April 18, 2018
Youth to Washington trip: June 8-15, 2018
- Applicants must be sons or daughters of an Eastern Illini Electric Cooperative member/owner currently receiving electric service from the cooperative.
- Applicants must be a high school sophomore or junior.
- Up to six applicants will be selected as finalists and will attend Youth Day to Springfield.
- Following Youth Day, four of the finalists will be chosen to represent Eastern Illini on the Youth to Washington trip.
- The application deadline is January 31.
- Immediate family members of employees and directors of Eastern Illini are not eligible.
- For more information, please contact Debbie Laird at 800-824-5102 or email@example.com.